Even though we just hit June, living in Maine the weather is amazing. I have already gone to the beach three times in the past week. It has just been a fantastic week here. I could not ask for anything better.
On Memorial Day, I enjoyed a day at the beach, followed by just some relaxing and hanging out with my parents. I took the night off from work to hang out with them. I couldn't have asked for better weather, or a better evening. I would say relaxing is one of my favorite activities.
After pondering many of my new, summer inspired magazines, I have come to realize what my go-to summer items are:
- Aviator sunglasses
- Simple cover up dress. I found a couple of extremely simple and comfy dresses at H&M for around $12.00. Who can beat that?
- Chic and cheap sandals that I can just slip on and off while at the beach or going inside and out.
- Spray sunscreen. It's so easy and covers extremely well. I also use a sunscreen specifically for face.
- At least one maxi skirt. I also live in maxi dresses throughout the summer.
- Chapstick. I love Burt's Bees.
- Water. Let's just say that I have quite an array of water bottles.
I would say that these are pretty simple items, but they definitely help me keep up with the summer heat. There is nothing better than summer in Maine.